Situation Vacant | Web / Graphic Designer | South Canterbury
Date : 12/08/2021
Advertiser: Geraldine Signs / Branded Kiwi
Position Location: South Canterbury
Contact: Sean Davidson
Do you have a fresh and bold graphic design edge for websites? Are you looking for a career change? Want to be in a workplace where you can clearly influence how successful you are? Well, this is the job for you.
We are on the lookout for a Web/ Graphic Designer with a minimum of 3 years experience to join our small team of motivated signwriters and graphic designers for our ever growing business.
This is a busy role that includes creating concepts and designs for client branding, signage design, file set up and visual problem solving. This role will also involve designing websites so you will need to be able to create high converting landing pages, have very good visual communication skills with attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Our clients love working with us because of the sharp visuals we create for them and because of the great relationships we build with them..
Our team is small, we have plenty of fun during the day but we also work pretty hard. If you are someone that knows when to have fun and when it’s time to get serious, we want to hear from you.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3 years web and graphic design experience and can show a portfolio of work across a broad range of applications. Proficiency in setting up print ready files and a meticulous eye for detail to ensure that all artwork is set up properly is a must.
- A can do and positive attitude
- A problem solver who will proactively come up with solutions to challenges
- Ideally a commercial mind and the ability to understand the bigger picture
- A team player who isn’t afraid to be hands on and help out as and where required
- Designing graphic content, illustrations, and infographics.
- Managing graphic designs from conception to delivery.
- Working with PM and/or CRM to understand client brief and project scope
- Designing engaging and responsive landing pages including graphic design of overall look and feel, and layout page elements, editing of images and various other design elements within build
- Integrating client CMS programs and data feeds into websites
- Optimising sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Employing industry and design best practice through website build process
- Conducting website testing
- Liaising with back-end developers to ensure web and app logic is properly integrated
- Ensuring website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
- Working with clients to incorporate brand elements
- Providing internal support and external customer service throughout the build and launch process of the website
- Working alongside Digital Marketer/ Content Writer to develop website content
- Collaborating with Senior Designer/ Foreman on signage design work as required
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to: