Signwriter, Quotations Assistant, Router Operator – Tauranga
Date: 11 March 2019
Position: Signwriter /Quotations assistant/Router operator
- The production of design & sign work for The Rutherford Sign Company Ltd clients, as allocated by the Employer.
- To support The Rutherford Sign Company Ltd in delivering design & signage work that exceeds customer expectations without compromising quality, creativity or budget.
- To organise and quote jobs as requested.
- Producing signage work on computer using supplied software, demonstrating proficiency in the use of this software, namely: Router and software, printing on digital printer.
- Flexisign in the latest versions as owned by The Rutherford Company Ltd.
There will be occasions where new/additional equipment needs to be used. In these cases either suitable training will be arranged/given or allowances made to help learn new procedures.
- Produce signage for various formats, namely, vinyl cutting and other formats as required by client.
- Produce sign work and the production of signs for The Rutherford Sign Company Ltd clients which involves:
- Taking briefs including all relevant client details from the Employer or directly from the client/s.
- Refer all requests /enquiries regarding costs/quotes with the Employer.
- Coming up with creative ideas, either independently or as part of a team and then producing required signage components for the job.
- Presenting ideas to clients – either independently or as part of a team.
- Producing work of the highest quality and standard from design to manufacture and installation, taking ownership of the job through to finished jobs. Co-ordinating final mock-ups , taking in client corrections.
- Obtain final “sign-off” in writing from each client, on final proofing of their project, otherwise verbal acceptance is required.
- Complete any and all paperwork, e.g. order/request forms, required in the course of a project.
- Order materials as required.
- Act as project co-ordinator/manager as required.
- Demonstrate increasing skill in producing innovative design/signwriting work, supported by strong ideas and good knowledge of the differing functions of the various forms of signage.
- Enthusiastic input into the preparation of ideas and concepts.
- Show interest in and awareness of current market trends, innovations and up–to-date signage/design methods & construction methods.
- Clearly communicate rationale behind design/signage decisions to Employer and/or client
- Take ownership of client requests and follow through, seeking guidance as required.
- Efficiently manage materials and time for each job.
- Share information and promote teamwork.
- Provide assistance to other team members when called upon.
- Promote efficiency and demonstrate effective time management practices.
- Enhance knowledge & skills through observation, active participation in staff meetings and by self-directed learning.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date recording of charged time and complete job cards.
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued growth of the business.
- Share in house-keeping duties such as running errands, workshop tidiness, contributing to the maintenance of equipment & office stock as required, enabling the smooth running of the business.
- Have an understanding of OSH requirements and safety policies.
- Usage of access equipment.
Must have current clean Full NZ driver’s license and own reliable transport.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Paul 07 5785731