Situation Vacant | Graphics Team Member – Sign Writer & Machine Operator
Advertiser: Retail Dimension
Contact : Marco Sciarone
Phone: +64 21684638
Position Location : Henderson, West Auckland
About the business
We are a New Zealand owned company, proudly dedicated to our clients. Communication and Partnership with our clients helps us to deliver the best results. Our Design led team works closely with our Manufacturing Division with a goal of exceeding our client’s expectations with each and every project we deliver.
About the role
The role of the Sign writer & machine operator is to assist in all parts of our graphics production and to provide back up for the graphics/print team leader.
Tasks and duties are assigned on a regular basis across the functional areas to meet client expectations, equalize peak work demands, balance workloads and to provide relief when team members are absent.
Skills and experience required
- Experience running digital printing & vinyl cutting machines (ideally Mimaki),
- Vinyl cutting, preparation and application
- Includes the use of hand tools, assembly, lifting, stacking and packaging.
- Can lead a project, monitor a project, or complete a project.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to transfer skills across functional areas and departments. Brings a range of skills from prior work and life experiences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably with work in organisations manufacturing merchandising, signage, and display products.
- Preferred qualifications in Graphic Design, print management and Application – completed certificates/courses
- Clean uncluttered workshop
- Strong Positive Team Atmosphere
- Large friendly crew
- Wages that reflect your skills and experience
- 40-hour week Min Mon – Fri, overtime with overtime rates
- Boots, safety gear etc
- State of the art Factory